Homemade Hot Cocoa!!!
· 2 cups of half & half
· 2 cups of 2% milk
· 1/2 cup of sugar
· 1/3 cup of good cocoa powder
· 1/4 teaspoon of Vanilla Bean paste or
whatever you have- (it's hot cocoa)
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· 1 small cinnamon stick
1. Add both types of milk into a saucepan that will accommodate the volume. Turn the burner on medium.
2. Wait until the milk gets warm. ** Note: If you turn the oven on high, the milk may burn or boil over- which is a nightmare to clean up!
3. Once the milk is warm, add the cocoa and sugar. Be sure to whisk while you add to the warm milk. Once fully incorporated, add the remaining ingredients.
4. Low simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Decorate with your choice of whipped cream, chocolate and marshmallows.