The Nello's Family
How it started
Four brothers and 30 years ago- a small Italian restaurant was born in Tempe, serving beef subs, Grandpa Cesare's sausage recipe, Grandma Cleone's spaghetti sauce, cheesecake, and our original deep dish pizza.
Our little Nello's grew into an award winning "Best of Phoenix" restaurant year after year, after year... after year. Family recipes, family genius and family drama all keep Nello's going 30 years later to new generations of pasta and pizza connoisseurs.
Nello’s Ahwatukee opened in 1996 and has been dedicated to creating a space of comfort and good food since day one. Our exciting menu, consistency, and family atmosphere draw our customers back again and again. This loyalty is a key factor in Nello’s Ahwatukee’s long standing and continued success.
A few things that make Nello’s Ahwatukee unique:
- We are the only Nello’s location to use a wood fire oven, which was imported from Italy.
- Our pasta is made in-house daily.
- We stretch our own mozzarella.
- Some of our meats are smoked and cured in-house.
- All desserts are made from scratch in-house.
- We support local Arizona farms by purchasing their seasonal produce whenever possible.